GCEO's Serving Georgia Safely Plan
The GCEO office has implemented a "Serving Georgia Safely" plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. GCEO encourages all visitors to utilize our online services during this public health emergency. In-person appointments are available.
2021 Virtual Fair Housing Conference Registration
Please join Metro Fair Housing Services, Inc., the Georgia Commission on Equal Opportunity-Office of the Governor (GCEO), the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD), and the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) in partnership for a Fair Housing Conference in Celebration of National Fair Housing Month and the 53rd Anniversary of the Passage of the Federal Fair Housing Act.
The one-day virtual conference is entitled, "Fair Housing Justice-A Force for Creating Racial, Economic, and Social Equity for All. The conference will address the below fair housing objectives:
•"What is happening in our backyard?"
•"What local groups address housing injustice concerns?"
•"Are we doing enough to identify and address barriers?"
The presentation will include the following agenda:
• “The State of Fair Housing” Presentations from four (4) entities charged with enforcing federal/state fair housing laws (HUD, DOJ, GCEO, & Metro Fair Housing Services, Inc.)
• Two (2) Panels covering the following topics “Fighting Discrimination in Our Backyard,” and the “Barriers to Housing Equality.”
• Lunch Break
• Award Presentations
Important Conference Information for Participants:
• The settings on “GoToWebinar” will be automatically configured so that your camera will not be on and you will be muted.
• A Q&A box will be available for you to submit questions to the panelists. The panelists will respond to all questions after each presentation.
• After the training, you will receive a certificate of attendance and a survey. Please assist us by completing the survey.
Thank you again for joining us this year! We look forward to connecting online and providing an informative and interactive conference experience!